1. crystal

crystal
    Expand Collapse

最好搞清楚先, 唔好講一個夢, 宜家係講緊未來的.

#21 crystal, 2006-01-06
  2. Doggie

Doggie
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">*Sigh* unless you understand Dreams and Chances, if not, I would like to say you are not a good adviser for the teenagers!! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Especially your English is NOT good enough to understand my comment (I didn’t say my English will be a lot better than you), but at least I won’t insult people and try to give advice as I don’t understand what they are talking about~ <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Also this will be my last comment, because this is not related to the topic!! I feel truly sorry to the people who really need help!</SPAN>[/parsehtml]

3. crystal

crystal
    Expand Collapse

ok , e 度係討論區, 所以您話唔會繼續爭論的確幾好, 其實您講得好岩, 不過您去人地國家學人地語言就係勁, 係中國學普通話, 您又覺得人地差, 咁樣係e 方面, 您應該要知道語言e 樣野, 係拎黎容易溝通, 唔係阻塞交通, 如果您認為您講英文好正確既就繼續講啦, 不過我睇得好清楚您既人格係點樣, 整差人地升高自己, 果然妙絕.

#23 crystal, 2006-01-08
  4. vivian

vivian
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>I don't want to be nurse. My aim is be a veterinary which is a doctor for the animals. I know it is very hard to study this, but this is my aim.</P>[/parsehtml]

5. crystal

crystal
    Expand Collapse

咁應該沒問題, 既然您決定左, 就要開始實行, 我只係比較一下, 您去醫院一次感覺下情況, 究竟有幾大差別&#21867;, 動物同人都係一樣, 都需要急診或者其他事, 需要人照顧, 睇醫院一次, 係可以比感覺一下做人既醫生同做動物既醫生都係一樣, 都係需要有愛心同認真, 唔係玩玩下.

#25 crystal, 2006-01-10
  6. vivian

vivian
    Expand Collapse

I know it...thank you your advise

7. ko

ko
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P><FONT face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">Why so many young people wanna become vet these days? </FONT><FONT face=Arial>must be they think vet can earn big money.. </FONT><FONT face=Arial>If you are thinking in this way, i can tell you, you are so WRONG. </FONT><FONT face=Arial>I am quite sure that Accountant can earn more and having less pressure.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>Not going to discourage you, as you mentioned above, you wanna study vet because there are many HK ppl studying accounting.... i really don't think your are really interested in studying vet.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>Vet is a very risky and nasty occupation. Most of the time you need to deal with animal feaces,&nbsp;feaces all over your face and body, ie rectal palpation on cow. It's risky business,&nbsp;you'll have a chance of&nbsp;getting Avian Flu and others diseases, besides of that dogs will bite you, cats will scratch you and worst horses will kick you (then you're dead)</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>If you really wanna become a vet, besides the torturing degree itself, be prepared&nbsp; to study and study and study for the rest of your life... i am not kidding... just like human doctor, you need a lot of further studies in order to become a real "qualified" vet. </FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>Show you some statistics.. There are about 400+ registered vets in HK in 2005, around 300 in 2004, 200+ in 2003, the number is expanding dramatically within thess 2 years. Only&nbsp;in 2005, there are about 50+ HK students studying&nbsp;year 1 vet in Australia (4 vet schools) and UK (6 vet schools). I don't know the numbers in Taiwan (supposingly more, because it's cheaper and the entry requirement is lower). Again, as i know, this number is growing expoentially. Vet course is a 5 year course, by the time you graduated, there will be around 1000+ vets in HK.... guess&nbsp;you can imagine how competitive the market would be...</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>There is an old saying, a veterianian&nbsp;is someone who&nbsp;learn&nbsp;more than a human doctor but have less respect and&nbsp;income than a human doctor. Vet is for someone who really passionate with animals and studying....if i were you I will fix with what you are studying now....accounting. Finally, i</FONT><FONT face=Arial>f you still fancy about becoming a vet, good luck!! </FONT></P>[/parsehtml]

8. vivian

vivian
    Expand Collapse

Actually...my dream is gone already coz i tried to tell my teacher about changing subject but the class of chem is full...also i saw from the vtac the score needs to be 99.55..this is so high...as a international student i think i can go to 90 or above but not over 95...I couldn't believe that i can't do it anymore...i am still thinking what can i do in the future...

9. 女

Expand Collapse

我想問想做<FONT color=#333333>獸醫要修d咩??咩最重要??thanks</FONT>

10. vivian

vivian
    Expand Collapse

Science especially chem is the most important...

11. vivian

vivian
    Expand Collapse

I want to do vet nursing but i couldn't find a school which can have international student in Melbourne...do u have any suggestions about this? thz

12. sfl

sfl
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>hi ko,</P> <P>how can u get this statistics?</P>[/parsehtml]

13. fk1-09115

fk1-09115
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>我而家讀緊中六,我好想做獸醫ga~<BR>咁要修d咩科先ok呢?<BR>我修phy chem pure maths<BR>無bio得唔得ga∼<BR>仲有要去外國讀,咁又要咩資格呢?<BR></P>[/parsehtml]

#33 fk1-09115, 2006-03-20
  14. Carl

Carl
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>香港中醫藥科技學院開獸醫高級文憑課程</P> <P><A href="http://www.takungpao.com/news/06/03/17/GY-521485.htm">http://www.takungpao.com/news/06/03/17/GY-521485.htm</A></P> <P>學員完成課程後可在中港執業(須經指定考試)&lt;--~唔該去個D問下</P> <P>該學院網業∼-V</P> <P><A href="http://www.hkacm.com/coursedetail.php?id=190">http://www.hkacm.com/coursedetail.php?id=190</A></P> <P>探子回報完畢∼</P>[/parsehtml]

15. ko

ko
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>i would say don't waste your time and money in this course....the standard of China's vet school is really ..........</P> <P>their vet schools only recongised in China not elsewhere in the world and AnHui Uni is not a renown vet school even in china</P> <P>also becareful that 動物醫學學士學位.. probably they&nbsp;teach mainly on farm production animals...no cats .. dogs... at all.... Moreover, what you study will be in chinese... in order to pass the HK vet board exam..... you need to know all terms in english....you need to put in at lot of efforts and the chance of passing this exam is really small...</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>&nbsp;</P>[/parsehtml]

16. ko

ko
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>chem and physics.. are crucial&nbsp; </P> <P>some people can get into vet school without taking biology... but i will still prefer you to study biology..if not you will find it extremely difficult when&nbsp;you entered vet school</P> <P>for overseas' uni the requirment is at least AAB in AL... getting into vet school is more difficult than getting into medical school in most countries besides China.. probably Taiwan..</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>&nbsp;</P>[/parsehtml]

17. Carl

Carl
    Expand Collapse

Oic~Thx~

18. hihajacky

hihajacky
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>Actually, there are 2 University in Taiwan , National Taiwan University(NTU) and National Chung Hsing University (NCHU).</P> <P>The previous one is much better than the latter one.</P> <P>In accordance to the HK VETERINARY SURGEONS REGISTRATION ORDINANCE (Chapter 529),</P> <P>there are quite many University that we can get a Vet Degree.</P> <P>Here is the quoted information,</P> <P>(a)&nbsp;bachelor degree in veterinary medicine granted by the National Taiwan University;<BR>&nbsp;<BR>(b)&nbsp;all veterinary degrees granted by a university in the United Kingdom in respect of which a recognition order is in force, under the provisions of section 3 of the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 (UK), and all Commonwealth or foreign qualifications accepted by the RCVS under the provisions of section 6(3) of the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 (UK), namely -</P> <P>(i)&nbsp;the Universities of Bristol (Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)), Cambridge (Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (VetMB)), Edinburgh (Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (BVM&amp;S)), Glasgow (BVMS), Liverpool (BVSc) and London (Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed)) in U.K.;</P> <P>(ii)&nbsp;the Trinity College Dublin (Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (MVB)), the University of Dublin (MVB) and the National University of Ireland (MVB) (all conferred between 1st June 1959 and 31st May 1988) in Ireland;</P> <P>(iii)&nbsp;the Universities of Melbourne (Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)), Queensland (BVSc) and Sydney (BVSc) and Murdoch (Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (BVMS)) in Australia;<BR>&nbsp;<BR>(iv)&nbsp;the Universities of Guelph (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)), Saskatchewan (DVM) and Prince Edward Island (DVM) in Canada; <BR>&nbsp;<BR>(v)&nbsp;the Massey University (BVSc) in New Zealand; and<BR>&nbsp;<BR>(vi)&nbsp;the University of Pretoria (BVSc) in South Africa.</P> <P>(c)&nbsp;admission to membership of the RCVS having passed the examinations held in accordance with section 6(4) of the U.K. Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966; and</P> <P>(d)&nbsp;all veterinary degrees accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education including those from the following -</P> <P>US Colleges of Veterinary Medicine<BR>Auburn University<BR>University of California-Davis<BR>Colorado State University<BR>Cornell University<BR>University of Florida<BR>University of Georgia<BR>University of Illinois<BR>Iowa State University<BR>Kansas State University<BR>Louisiana State University<BR>Michigan State University<BR>University of Minnesota<BR>Mississippi State University<BR>University of Missouri<BR>North Carolina State University<BR>The Ohio State University<BR>Oklahoma State University<BR>Oregon State University<BR>University of Pennsylvania<BR>Purdue University<BR>University of Tennessee<BR>Texas A&amp;M University<BR>Tufts University<BR>Tuskegee University<BR>Virginia Technical University &amp; University of Maryland<BR>Washington State University<BR>University of Wisconsin</P> <P>Canadian Colleges of Veterinary Medicine</P> <P>University of Montreal<BR>University of Guelph<BR>University of Prince Edward Island<BR>University of Saskatchewan</P> <P>------------------------------</P> <P>I know what ko said .</P> <P>And I do know being a vet may takes risk. But Vet do save Animals' and Humans' life!</P> <P>Although Vet do not directly cure humans, they take care animals ,which are the reserviors for the lethal,unknown virus/bacteria/protozoa. They are really as great as doctors.</P> <P>I want to be a Vet and I am willing to be a vet.</P> <P>&nbsp;</P>[/parsehtml]

#38 hihajacky, 2006-03-26
  19. hihajacky

hihajacky
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>I would like to add some information of TAIWAN U.</P> <P>There are Three Vet schools.</P> <P>But only the NTU&nbsp;one can directly get registered in HK , </P> <P>NCHU one are required to have 6 months practice in HK , and the remaining one cannot get registered!</P> <P>&nbsp;</P>[/parsehtml]

#39 hihajacky, 2006-03-26
  20. ko

ko
    Expand Collapse

[parsehtml]<P>Undoubtfully, vet is playing a pivotal role in the prevention of Human diseases. They are&nbsp;the first line defense of any human diseases. Unfortunatly, people just seeing vets as the by-product of the affluent society, they just treat companion animals. The perception of&nbsp;the vet profession in most people's eye (esp within the chinese society) is still many years behind of those developed countries.</P> <P>Good luck if you want to&nbsp;become a vet.&nbsp;However, i will not encourage you to study in Taiwan.&nbsp;Taiwan's degree only recognised in HK and Taiwan probably China. Many clinics now require vets with MRCVS. As the number of returning overseas HK&nbsp;vet students (excluded Taiwan) are growing rapidly,&nbsp;the future of Taiwan&nbsp;vet graduates is not looking&nbsp;very good.&nbsp;</P>[/parsehtml]