[43.4(S); 22.4(J)] Discuss: e-Taxi app

本文由 Nikk 在 2019-05-06 發表於 "TVNews Student Forum" 討論區

1. 57435995

Nikk
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. How often do you take a taxi? Do you think the e-Taxi app will be popular among taxi drivers and passengers? Why?
    2. How many cashless payment methods can you name? What are the pros and cons of using cashless payment methods?

2. 58380584

nickname-pbs-526988
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    no comment

#2 nickname-pbs-526988, 2019-05-07
  3. 57905014

nickname-lp1-897172
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I seldom take a taxi. I think the e-Taxi app will be popular among taxi drivers and passengers because it is convenient to use.
    2. Octopus card, Tap & Go, Apple Pay, Alipay, WeChat pay, Android Pay.
    Pros: Convenient, easy to use
    Cons: Security risk, violation of privacy

#3 nickname-lp1-897172, 2019-05-07
  4. 58631483

nickname-kcm-740157
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1.I seldom take a taxi. Yes, I do. Because it's convenient for taxi driver and passengers to use.
    2. WeChat Pay, Apple Pay,Alipay.
    Pros: It's convenient to use.
    Cons: It may exist safety hazard and leak out our personal information.

#4 nickname-kcm-740157, 2019-05-07
  5. 58127677

Aqsa Ayoub
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I don't use it quite often but only for going somewhere too far away. Yes I think it will be quite popular because it is quite inconvenient to carry cash notes or coins in your pocket. If they don't have cash for instant, they can use e-Taxi app.

2. Online transfer (NEFT & RTGS) , credit card, debit card, WeChat, Apple Pay, Ali pay, cheque, Pay Pal

Pros: It is convenient. Rather than carrying cash around, it’s easier to just tap that card or phone without fumbling around in your pocket for change. As the payment is between two devices (card/mobile and terminal), there is less chance of a traditional fraud being committed such as ‘skimming’. It takes seconds to make a contactless payment in comparison to chip and pin or paying in cash.
    Cons: If you lose your card, there is a chance that whoever has picked it up may try and use it. Criminals are becoming more tech savvy now so there is a risk of fraud via mobile payments. They can now steal your bank details through public Wi-Fi or money from your bank account by using software that can turn any mobile or tablet device into a scanner.

#5 Aqsa Ayoub, 2019-05-07
  6. 58127732

nickname-sac-721550
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I don't take taxi frequently. Yes because it is quite convenient for both drivers and customers.
    2. WeChat, Pay Pal , cheque, Apple Pay and credit card
    Pros: Instead of carrying money, we can just use a card for payment. It is not time-consuming.
    Cons: Hackers may hack accounts and steal money. Or maybe if we lost our card, there are chances that someone else might use it and take the advantage.

#6 nickname-sac-721550, 2019-05-07
  7. 58524386

nickname-qes-592346
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, I always take a taxi. I think e-Taxi app will be popular among taxi drivers and passengers, because we can cashless and more convenient.
    WeChat Pay, credit card. It Is more convenient. It maybe violation of privacy.

#7 nickname-qes-592346, 2019-05-07
  8. 57689190

到齒一遊
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. no much. Yes because lots of people like to use apps.
    2. Octopus. pros - convenient; cons - if machine down, the payment transaction failed.

#8 到齒一遊, 2019-05-08
  9. 58524387

nickname-qes-604396
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    I seldom take the taxi because it is expensive.
    Yes,it will be popular.It is because it is more convenient.
    WeChat pay,credit card.Easy to leak data.It is more convenient.

#9 nickname-qes-604396, 2019-05-08
  10. 58347714

nickname-lsp-472364
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I take a taxi once or twice in a month. Yes, I think the e-Taxi app will be popular among taxi drivers and passengers because if passengers don't bring cash, they can use this app to pay money on taxis.
    2. I can name one cashless payment method and that is Octopus. The pros of using cashless payment methods is convenient and the cons of using cashless payment methods is 'Payment Failed'.

#10 nickname-lsp-472364, 2019-05-08
    Last edited: 2019-05-08
  11. 58455565

希望小天使
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    I seldom take taxi but my daddy always does. He said it is convenient for him to use Octopus card because he doesn't have cash in most of the cases.

Octopus has fault cases before. This made us worry about it.

#11 希望小天使, 2019-05-09
  12. 57742168

EchoDiscord
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Don't comment if you have nothing to say. It's pointless and really irritating to see stuff like this on a discussion forum.

#12 EchoDiscord, 2019-05-10
  13. 57742168

EchoDiscord
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I take a taxi seldom nowadays and only when I am in a great hurry. I used to take a taxi to and fro between my home and my school every day but I quit this practice when I finally couldn't take any more of the drivers' bad attitudes. I think that this app will be popular in the customer market as paying in electronic cash is much more convenient than paying in loose coins and notes, but it will not be as successful in the driver market as most taxi drivers would prefer just taking the money from you rather than wasting a few minutes on opening the app, pressing a few buttons and waiting for their phone to detect the Octopus card. Also, arguments could be sparked up when the passenger has completed the ride, has no cash on him/her and only relies on an Octopus card which has no value inside.

2. Several examples are cryptocurrency, credit cards, debit cards, Octopus cards, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, online transferring (NEFT and RTGS), Tap and Go and Android Pay.

Pros:
    -more lightweight and convenient
    -less time-consuming
    -harder for people to commit frauds such as folding up the notes to pay less than the required amount

Cons:
    -card may be left on taxi and stolen, information and money may be lost as a result
    -driver's phone/the app itself may be hacked, resulting in possible loss of information and money

#13 EchoDiscord, 2019-05-10
    Last edited: 2019-05-17
  14. 58524369

nickname-qes-687519
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. VEry seldom.No,the octopus card machine usually cost a lot.

#14 nickname-qes-687519, 2019-05-11
  15. 57960337

i r e t a K
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:

#15 i r e t a K, 2019-05-11
  16. 57960198

Venus Chung
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:

1. I take a taxi seldom nowadays and only when I am in a great hurry. I used to take a taxi to and fro between my home and my school every day but I quit this practice when I finally couldn't take any more of the drivers' bad attitudes. I think that this app will be popular in the customer market as paying in electronic cash is much more convenient than paying in loose coins and notes, but it will not be as successful in the driver market as most taxi drivers would prefer just taking the money from you rather than wasting a few minutes on opening the app, pressing a few buttons and waiting for their phone to detect the Octopus card. Also, arguments could be sparked up when the passenger has completed the ride, has no cash on him/her and only relies on an Octopus card which has no value inside.

2. Several examples are cryptocurrency, credit cards, debit cards, Octopus cards, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, online transferring (NEFT and RTGS), Tap and Go and Android Pay.

Pros:
    -more lightweight and convenient
    -less time-consuming

-harder for people to commit frauds such as folding up the notes to pay less than the required amount

Cons:
    -card may be left on taxi and stolen, information may be lost as a result
    -driver's phone/the app itself may be hacked, resulting in possible loss of information and money

#16 Venus Chung, 2019-05-11
  17. 57960198

Venus Chung
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I don't take taxi frequently. Yes because it is quite convenient for both drivers and customers.
    2. WeChat, Pay Pal , cheque, Apple Pay and credit card
    Pros: Instead of carrying money, we can just use a card for payment. It is not time-consuming.
    Cons: Hackers may hack accounts and steal money. Or maybe if we lost our card, there are chances that someone else might use it and take the advantage.

#17 Venus Chung, 2019-05-11
  18. 57960240

Megan Cheuk
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Interesting ideas:D

#18 Megan Cheuk, 2019-05-12
  19. 57960240

Megan Cheuk
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I seldom take taxis, because it is easy to travel to different places in Hong Kong, and if we take taxis too often, we may loose a lot of money as taxi rides aren't cheap. It is better and sometimes more convenient to travel by the MTR, minibuses or buses. However, I still think that the e-Taxi app will be popular in the future. Passengers don't need to count the money(which means it saves time).
    2. Here are some examples of cashless payment methods:
    • Pay Me
    • Alipay
    • WeChat Pay
    • Android Pay
    • Octopus
    • Visa
    • MasterCard
    • Paywave
    Pros: Convenient and easy
    Fast
    Drivers won't give wrong change(as there's no change)
    Cons: As most taxi drivers are old, they may not know how to open the app
    The app may go wrong
    Drivers may refuse to open the app

#19 Megan Cheuk, 2019-05-12
  20. 58271638

nickname-pbs-379396
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    I hardly ever take a taxi.Yes,because it too convenience.
    WeChat, Alipay, elder aren't know to use it.

#20 nickname-pbs-379396, 2019-05-12