Post for your application: Assistant Librarian (CUTW)

本文由 Angel 在 2006-05-05 發表於 "圖書館主任討論區" 討論區

1. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse

8th May is deadline, if you are interest, please go to their web site at:

http://www.cutw.edu.hk/jobs/jobs.htm

Department/Unit:sweat:ibrary and Archive

Position:Assistant Librarian (Carrying the Job Title of Library System Coordinator)

Reference No.:CUTW/LA/06/21/AL

Requirements:
    Applicants should have (i) a post-graduate qualification in Information Management/Systems (M.Sc. or M.I.S. or equivalent) plus 1 year of relevant experience in academic libraries; OR a Bachelor’s degree in Information Management/Systems or Library Science plus 5 years of post-qualification experience in academic libraries; (ii) working knowledge of Unix, Windows, SQL, PERL, Java and the INNOPAC Library System; (iii) strong written and oral communication skills in Chinese and English, with ability to liaise with vendors, teaching faculties and all levels of administrative staff.

Duties:
    The appointee will be primarily responsible for implementation of the digital library and archival projects and other projects in database development and management, web applications, and programming. Shift duty is required.

Salaries and Fringe Benefits:

Salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will be appointed on a contract basis with fringe benefits, which include annual leave and medical and dental benefits.

Application Procedure:
    To apply, please submit a covering letter, together with a resume and an application form (downloadable at http://www.cutw.edu.hk), by mail to the Human Resources Office, CUTW Community College, Temporary Office, 10/F., Tung Chiu Commercial Centre, 193 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. For enquiries, please fax to 2528 1499.

All applications must reach the Human Resources Office on or before 8 May 2006. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test. Please state the expected salary and quote the reference number of the post concerned in the application letter and on the envelope. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 31 July 2006 may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applicants who have responded to the job advertisement for this position before will be considered at the same time. The College reserves the right to consider late applications and nominations, and to fill or not to fill the position.

Personal data provided by the applicants will only be used for recruitment and employment-related purposes and be handled in accordance with the College’s personal data policies.

2. Fiona

Fiona
    Expand Collapse

Angel,

Do you know which rank is this post? I mean Assistant Librarian I or II?

3. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse

Assistant Librarian II

4. Librarian

Librarian
    Expand Collapse

Do you know the salary range for Assistant Librarian II? Thanks!

#4 Librarian, 2006-05-05
  5. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse

You can browse following link (Master Pay Scale by the year of 1998) for a reference:

http://www.cs.cityu.edu.hk/~rynson/private/salary98.html

6. Jack So

Jack So
    Expand Collapse

唔使諗 la, 我已經 apply 咗, chance 都好高, 你地行埋一邊 la.

#6 Jack So, 2006-05-06
  7. Librarian

Librarian
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Angel!

#7 Librarian, 2006-05-06
  8. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse

Jack,

I don't know why you will say so. The application is still opening and there's no one can know how he can success. As far as I know, the candidate will go through a interview procedure, following a examiniation, and then 2nd interview, and then final.

I feel that you are over-confident by saying that.

9. 士多啤梨

士多啤梨
    Expand Collapse

Gosh, I wish the College would not employ such a rude librarian.

#9 士多啤梨, 2006-05-08
  10. Jack So

Jack So
    Expand Collapse

真好, 已經過左交 Form 時間, 遲D見 Board, 眾望所歸, 唔係你估!

#10 Jack So, 2006-05-08
  11. Fiona

Fiona
    Expand Collapse

Cheating?

12. 士多啤梨

士多啤梨
    Expand Collapse

A conspiracy.

#12 士多啤梨, 2006-05-10
  13. Kent

Kent
    Expand Collapse

士多啤梨 , what? the meaning of conspiracy is "doing something unlawful'. It seems impossible because this involves many people to do it. However, we can see there are many cheating examples in this period of time -- cheating in the HKCE and Universities. Anyway, be careful in this sensitive time and don't put yourself in such a dangerous condition. Also be careful not to guess what is happening. We can know the result later, right?

14. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse

M.I.4 - Mission Impossible Fool!

15. Kent

Kent
    Expand Collapse

Anyone have the updated news on the interview? Are you - Jack?

16. 士多啤梨

士多啤梨
    Expand Collapse

Kent,

It's those "phrases" ("你地行埋一邊" & "眾望所歸") that that chap uses, which lead me to have such thinking. Can't you see how disgusting this chap's wordings are?

#16 士多啤梨, 2006-05-19
  17. Timothy

Timothy
    Expand Collapse

Any visitor can read this forum. He/She can also express his/her idea to a praticular topic. So this visitor is not a TL or a library staff. Jack's wording is so bad to get other's angry. I think we should write something objective for a job vacancy.

#17 Timothy, 2006-05-19
  18. Jack So

Jack So
    Expand Collapse

Timothy, 士多啤梨, Kent, Fiona and all others:

I keep on silent for long time but I have to tell you I am a TL! I know library sytem - INNOPAC, myIT-school, VLAB, and SLLS! I am not a visitor either!

It's not suprise to know that I will be the right candidate. What I said before is true and no lie. I have a good resume, a good educational background, still studying in the U, so it's no strange for me to get a better paid job!

Stay tune!

#18 Jack So, 2006-05-21
  19. 士多啤梨

士多啤梨
    Expand Collapse

I don't care who you are! It's your snobbism that tickles everybody's nerve to a fire! Shame on CUTW who's going to have such a snobbish librarian if this is true!

#19 士多啤梨, 2006-05-22
  20. Timothy

Timothy
    Expand Collapse

Good to hear from "Jacky So". I don't know if you will get the position at CUTW. I know who the Librarian of CUTW is. I hope she knows you in this forum and makes judgement whether to meet you at interview.

Although you know some kinds of library systems, it is not assume you will be the one. You know, there are a lot of people knowing INNOPAC deeply in HK especially all the technical people who work in academic libraries. So you are NOT the most brillant one.

#20 Timothy, 2006-05-22