[Summer][7/8]Senior Ex27: National education is biased against ethnic…(6/8)

本文由 Ivy Yeung =) 在 2012-08-07 發表於 "TVNews Student Forum" 討論區

1. Ivy Yeung =)

Ivy Yeung =)
    Expand Collapse

1. ‘If I were a non-Chinese secondary student in Hong Kong…’ Create the story.

2. ‘If I were a student studying overseas…’ Complete the story.

Relevant links:
    1. News Practice (Junior)
    2. News Practice (Senior)
    3. News Archive
    (Login is required, by HKEdCity student or teacher accounts.)

#1 Ivy Yeung =), 2012-08-07
  2. 56261618

Winni Lam
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    2. ‘If I were a student studying overseas…’ Complete the story.

If I were a student studying overseas, I will be very lonely since I need to life alone in the other country which I feel strange and insecurity. Most students that participate in an exchange program will live with a host family which can seem a bit frightening and often deters students from participating. But I think that is a great opportunities to share insight of a different life with someone else on the other side of the world. It also let me to know more detail about the culture which I study now. From my own first hand experience, textbook knowledge is nothing in comparison to knowledge from experience, what I had learned in the textbook didn't ever scratch the surface.
    To sum up, much more knowledge can be obtained when actually visiting a place opposed to simply reading about it. How to know more knowledge is living in another country surrounded by its culture will give you more insight than anything you may find on the pages of book. For me, join exchange program is the only way I allow me to see the world from a less one-sided angle. After the majority participate in study trips I will feel insightful with a better grasp of understanding upon returning from my journey.

#2 Winni Lam, 2012-09-15