[Summer Ex 6(S)] Government to provide more support for ethnic minority students

本文由 Nikk 在 2013-08-01 發表於 "TVNews Student Forum" 討論區

1. 57435995

Nikk
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Do you think Hong Kong is a melting pot? Give reasons to support your view.

2. What difficulties are ethnic minorities in Hong Kong facing? Do you think racial discrimination in Hong Kong is common? Why?

Relevant links:
    1. News Practice (Junior)
    2. News Practice (Senior)
    3. News Archive
    (Login is required, by HKEdCity student or teacher accounts.)

2. 56991590

nickname-sps-236737
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Ans: Yes because Hong Kong has different races sunch as Philippine and Indian.

2. What difficulties are ethnic minorities in Hong Kong facing? Do you think racial discrimination in Hong Kong is common? Why?
    Ans: They are facing racial discrimination. Yes, I think it is common because people think ethnic minorities are not a Hong Kong citizen so they treat them worse than Chinese.

#2 nickname-sps-236737, 2013-08-01
  3. nickname-gps-427920

nickname-gps-427920
    Expand Collapse

1.Yes, because Hong Kong is an international city with different races of people.
    2.They are facing racial discrimination in workplaces. Yes, I think that racial discrimination in Hong Kong is common, because the Hong Kong people know that ethnic minorities can't speak Chinese and are not Hong Kong citizens, so they treat the ethnic minorities differently.

#3 nickname-gps-427920, 2013-08-01
  4. nickname-gps-158006

nickname-gps-158006
    Expand Collapse

1. Yes, because Hong Kong has many different kinds of people.

2.They are facing racial discriminationin in both workplaces and schools. Yes, I think it is common, because The other people think that they are not Hong Kong people, weak in Chinese and there skin colours are different, so they will treat her differently and badly.

#4 nickname-gps-158006, 2013-08-02
  5. 56991549

Tiffany Yu3A33
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    The ethnic minorities in Hong Kong may face disrimination in living and workplace. Communication difficulties may also encounter. I do think racial discrimination in Hong Kong is quite common as there is even discrimination between mainland people and Hong Kongers. Everyone is an individual but many of them put themselves into a certain group of people instead of an individual. In psychology standpoint, this is called 'lazy cognition'. People learn prejudice from their family, friends, and other important people in their lives. So, there is still racial discrimination in different places, including Hong Kong.

#5 Tiffany Yu3A33, 2013-08-02
  6. nickname-sps-968662

nickname-sps-968662
    Expand Collapse

Yes, HK is a diversified city with different people of different race, talents. This makes HK an international city in different aspects.

They may face language problem and find it difficult to adopt the culture of Chinese, for example the festivals and rituals of Chinese are totally different. I don't think racial discrimination is quite common as Hong Kong is an open-minded city that can accept different races. Generally people know how to respect one another despite their difference in nationality.

#6 nickname-sps-968662, 2013-08-02
  7. JeannieWong

JeannieWong
    Expand Collapse

1. I think Hong Kong is a melting pot. It is because Hong Kong has enforced several laws to protect the rights of the minority groups in the society. Therefore, they can be fairly treated in most of the situations.
    2. Ethnic minorities in Hong Kong are facing the difficulties of applying for a job and also having the same treatments as the local citizens. I think racial discrimination is common in Hong Kong since it can be seen everywhere, for instance, public transports and also workplace.

#7 JeannieWong, 2013-08-03
  8. 57298386

HaruHo
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Yes. It's because Hong Kong is a International City, so I think Hong Kong is a melting pot.
    2. Ethnic minorities in Hong Kong are facing racial discrimination. Yes, I think it is common in Hong Kong, it's because Hong Kong have lots of traveler and ethnic minorities such as Filipino, Indonesian, Chinese, American... So ethnic minorities in Hong Kong are common.

9. 56991547

nickname-sps-587057
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    I think Hong Kong is a melting pot because there is about 6.4% ethnic minorities in Hong Kong and they are all protected by law and respected by Hong Kong citizens.
    Ethnic minorities are facing language problems,education, job and living problems in Hong Kong because they need to give up their own lifestyle and try to accustom to the lifestyle in Hong Kong. I don't think racial discrimination in Hong Kong is common in Hong Kong because most of them are being respected by Hong KOng citizens.

#9 nickname-sps-587057, 2013-08-03
  10. 57070562

nickname-kan-465944
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1.Yes, because Hong Kong has many different kinds of people.
    2. Ethnic minorities in Hong Kong are facing racial discrimination. Yes, I think it is common in Hong Kong, it's because Hong Kong have lots of traveler and ethnic minorities such as Filipino, Indonesian, Chinese, American... So ethnic minorities in Hong Kong are common

#10 nickname-kan-465944, 2013-08-04
  11. 56991643

nickname-sps-538564
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, I think Hong Kong is a melting pot because it is an international city and there is many people with different races, skin colour, sex...etc.

The ethnic minorities in Hong Kong may face racial discrimination. With this problem, they may have difficulties when they are finding jobs. I think racial discrimination in Hong Kong is common because those people are different from the Hong Kong citizens, such as skin colour and races. They may think they have the language problem and don't belong to their group. I think everyone is equal before the law so they should learn how to expect.

#11 nickname-sps-538564, 2013-08-04
  12. 56991576

nickname-sps-170189
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Do you think Hong Kong is a melting pot?
    Yes because Hong Kong has many different kinds of races of people living here.
    2. What difficulties are ethnic minorities in Hong Kong facing? Do you think racial discrimination in Hong Kong is common?
    They are facing discrimination. No because people are being more educated in Hong Kong, so more people will respect and be nice to them.

#12 nickname-sps-170189, 2013-08-04
  13. nickname-cwg-471435

nickname-cwg-471435
    Expand Collapse

Yes,as Hong Kong is an international place.
    They are facing the Racial Discrimination.

#13 nickname-cwg-471435, 2013-08-05
  14. 57019003

nickname-csc-437355
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Yes ,because here is a lot of people live in Hong Kong from different nation, not just Chinese.
    2.The difficulties that they are facing to is they found that Chinese is hard to learn, and their appearance is different with us.Racial discrimation is common in Hong Kong, anyway, the people think that they are not Chinese , they are not similar to us,so the others cannot accept them in a moment , it shock them a lot.Also they think Chinese is better to usa due to the problem of language.

#14 nickname-csc-437355, 2013-08-05
  15. 56991569

Hasie
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, because Hong Kong is an international city with different races people such as Indian and Korean.
    I think ethnic minorities are facing communication problem and occupation problem. I don't think racial discrimination is common in Hong Kong because Hpng Kong citizens are well-educated and know how to respect others. Also, there is law protected.

16. nickname-sps-962653

nickname-sps-962653
    Expand Collapse

1. Yes, because Hong Kong has many different races of people, such as Japanese , Korean , American.
    2. They are facing the problem of discrimination. Yes, because there are always Hong Kong people that dislike the other races' people.

#16 nickname-sps-962653, 2013-08-05
  17. 56991704

nickname-sps-198771
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    I think that Hong Kong is a melting pot as there are different races in Hong Kong other than Chinese, such as Philippines, Indians, Japanese, etc.

The ethnic minorities in Hong Kong are facing some racial discrimination and difficulties in finding jobs, and difficulty in promotion. I think that racial discrimination in Hong Kong is common because there are many ethnic minorities that are not being treated equally or they have difficulty in applying jobs because of their race.

#17 nickname-sps-198771, 2013-08-05
  18. nickname-sps-343950

nickname-sps-343950
    Expand Collapse

Ethnic minorities are being discriminated in Hong Kong. I don't think racial discrimination in Hong Kong is very common. As Hong Kong is an international financial centre, having different race in Hong Kong is very common and therefore Hong Kong people always see these as usual thing and seldom discriminate.

#18 nickname-sps-343950, 2013-08-06
  19. nickname-sps-620442

nickname-sps-620442
    Expand Collapse

1. Yes, because Hong Kong is an international city with many races.
    2. They are facing discrimination. I don't think it is common in Hong Kong because people usually accept them and treat them as normal.

#19 nickname-sps-620442, 2013-08-06
  20. 56991537

Britney Lo
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Hong Kong indeed is a melting pot. Different races are living here and each of them may have different backgrounds.

2. The ethnic minorities are facing discrimination in HK. People treat them in different way due to their ethnic backgrounds. local Hongkongers may think they are not supposed to engage in our city. As a result, they will face discrimination in both social and individual aspects. Without exception, racial discrimination in HK is very common, people discriminate those who are having different races. As we all know, job opportunities are not commonly provided to those minorities, they are facing a lot unfair treatments and unequal criticisms.

#20 Britney Lo, 2013-08-07