[Summer Ex 8] Localist Edward Leung barred from standing in Legco elections

本文由 J.L. 在 2016-08-03 發表於 "TVNews Student Forum" 討論區

1. 56625141

J.L.
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Did you pay attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections? What do you think of the news?

2. According to the New Territories East constituency’s returning officer, why was Edward Leung barred from standing in the Legco elections? Do you think the decision is justified? Why?

Relevant links:

1. News Practice (Senior)

2. News Archive

(Login is required, by HKEdCity student or teacher accounts.)

2. 57700997

nickname-sps-341312
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Did you pay attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections? What do you think of the news?
    Yes. I think it is unfair to him.

2. According to the New Territories East constituency’s returning officer, why was Edward Leung barred from standing in the Legco elections? Do you think the decision is justified? Why?
    He didn't agree the basic law and Hong Kong is an inalienable part of China. No . Different people has different political view . We should respect them also.

#2 nickname-sps-341312, 2016-08-04
  3. 57591478

;p
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:

Yes,I did.I think it is unfair.

He think Hong Kong is not a part of China and it is not allowed in basic law so he barred from standing in the Legco elections.I think it is not justified because everyone have their own thinking,we can not stop them and they should be respected.

4. 57426080

Misa Ho
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, I paid attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections. In my opinion, it is very unfair to him because everyone must have right to be the candidate of the Legislative Council even though he may not be the winner. Most importantly, the election officer has different criterias to different candidates. Some has been succeeded to stand in Legislative Council Elections while some has been rejected.

Obviously, he has proposed the individualism of Hong Kong, which is not permitted in Basic Law. I think the decision is not correct because he should not be rejected in the very beginning. If he is succeeded to be the winner and he does not swear to the loyalty of Basic Low, the government has right to reject him.

#4 Misa Ho, 2016-08-04
  5. 57700901

nickname-sps-318609
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Yes, I did. I think it is not fair to him because although he signed the agreement, he was disqualified to stand in September's Legislative Council elections because of his stand before.

2. Because he has proposed the individualism of Hong Kong, but China will not let this happen since it violate the Basic Law. I think the decision is not justified because everyone has different point of view, we should not banned someone when their view are not same with us, we should also respect them.

#5 nickname-sps-318609, 2016-08-04
  6. 57701024

nickname-sps-690710
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, I paid attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections. I think it is unfair to him because he had followed the commission rules by signing its new confirmation form agreeing to uphold uphold the Basic Law and a provision stating that Hong Kong is an inalienable part of China, but the New Territories East constituency returning officer had rejected his bid to stand in September Legislative Council elections.
    Because Edward Leung has proposed the individualism of Hong Kong. I don't think the decision is justified because different people have different opinions, we should not bar him because of his opinion.

#6 nickname-sps-690710, 2016-08-05
  7. 57288209

nickname-sps-426895
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. yes, i think it is not fair to him because even he did sign the agreement, he was disqualify to stand in the legislation council in september
    no because every one have different opinions, we should not barred him for not having the same opinions with the majority

#7 nickname-sps-426895, 2016-08-06
  8. 57700873

nickname-sps-967249
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, I paid attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections. In my opinion, it is very unfair to him because everyone must have right to be the candidate of the Legislative Council even though he may not be the winner. Most importantly, the election officer has different criterias to different candidates. Some has been succeeded to stand in Legislative Council Elections while some has been rejected.
    Obviously, he has proposed the individualism of Hong Kong, which is not permitted in Basic Law. I think the decision is not correct because he should not be rejected in the very beginning. If he is succeeded to be the winner and he does not swear to the loyalty of Basic Low, the government has right to reject him.

#8 nickname-sps-967249, 2016-08-07
  9. 56991685

nickname-sps-280455
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Yes, I think it is unfair to him as everyone should be equal and have the right to stand in the election.
    2.It is because he proposed the individualism of Hong Kong. No, I don't think it is justified as everyone should be equal.

#9 nickname-sps-280455, 2016-08-07
  10. 57288232

nickname-sps-854988
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Yes, I did. I think it's quite unfair as everyone should have the equal right to stand for something they want to do.

2. It was because Edward Leung proposed the individualism of Hong Kong. It's obvious that the decision is not justified. Everyone should have the equal right to stand for something they want to do.

#10 nickname-sps-854988, 2016-08-08
  11. 57288185

nickname-sps-823262
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes , i have paid attention to the news, I think it is unfair to him.

It is because he proposed the individualism of Hong Kong. I think the decision is not justified because I think everyone should have the right to have their own thought.

#11 nickname-sps-823262, 2016-08-10
  12. 57288221

nickname-sps-632714
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Yes, I did pay attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in the coming LegCo elections. I think it is obviously cencorship and Leung is suppressed by the Central and Hong Kong government.
    2. Edward Leung was barred from standing in LegCo elections because the returning officers think that he is still going to support the independence of Hong Kong. Their reason is not justified. Even though I disagree with Leung's political stance, I still support him because I think the system is not fair to him.

#12 nickname-sps-632714, 2016-08-10
  13. 57700917

nickname-sps-896321
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes,I did pay attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections. I think this is very unfair to him and the commnist party is suppressing Hong Kong people's rights.
    He still want to lead Hong Kong people to fight for our autonomy ang freedom.No,I don't think it is justified. Although I think what he done is quite radical but I think the communist party is stealing the rights and freedoms from Hong Kong ,destroying the principal aof One country,One system.

#13 nickname-sps-896321, 2016-08-10
  14. 57587887

蘭湘
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. I didn't pay attention to the news but I think all the people should have the right to support their political views. I think this is unfair to him.

2. He was barred because he supports Hong Kong to be independent. I think the decision is not justified because, in the way, Chinese government is taking away our rights.

15. 58081099

cindylee7689
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    I agree with you

#15 cindylee7689, 2016-08-15
    Last edited: 2016-09-02
  16. 57700882

nickname-sps-530137
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. No, I did not. I think it was very unfair that he cannot stand in September's Legislative Council elections.
    2. He was barred away because he wants Hong Kong to be an independent city. Also, the decision is not justified as our rights are being taken away. The Chinese government does not agree with us.

#16 nickname-sps-530137, 2016-08-17
  17. 57700895

nickname-sps-411028
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes I did pay attention to this news. I think that signing the confirmation letter is not appropriate to decide whether a candidate is qualified to stand for the election as candidates have their own stands and point of views. It suppressed the right of people standing for election indirectly.
    Edward Leung promotes fighting for 'Hong Kong Independent' and it violates the Basic Law so the officer rejected his qualification. No, I don't agree with this decision as other democratic candidates have similar stands with Edward Leung but they are qualified. Its unfair.

#17 nickname-sps-411028, 2016-08-17
  18. 58066785

xXx_PlayerJeffrey_420Blazeit_XXx
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1) Yes,I don't know why he has been rejected.
    2) I don't know.No,because everyone can join and select.

#18 xXx_PlayerJeffrey_420Blazeit_XXx, 2016-08-20
  19. 57296980

dms
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:

No, I did not pay attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections . I think he has been rejected because he is one of the people that wnt Hong Kong to be a independent place .

Edward Leung was barred from standing in the Legco elections because he had supported Hong Kong to be a independent place . I don't think it is justified decision because he had already sigh the agreement .

20. 57288257

nickname-sps-242655
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    No I did not pay attention to thr news.
    2. Because he support Hk to become a independent place.

#20 nickname-sps-242655, 2016-08-22