[Summer Ex 8] Localist Edward Leung barred from standing in Legco elections

本文由 J.L. 在 2016-08-03 發表於 "TVNews Student Forum" 討論區

1. 57949753

nickname-sps-360716
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. No, I didn't.
    2. It is because he thinks that Hong Kong should be independent. I don't think the decision is justified. We are suppressed of our opinions. We have the right to express our feelings.

#21 nickname-sps-360716, 2016-08-22
  2. 57700998

nickname-sps-765815
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1.No, I did not.
    2.I think it is not justified

#22 nickname-sps-765815, 2016-08-23
  3. 57587897

nickname-sps-699562
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. No
    2. It is because he supports HK to become independent, which violates the Basic Law.

#23 nickname-sps-699562, 2016-08-24
  4. 57288141

nickname-sps-848130
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes. I paid attention to it. I think it is fair because the establishment of HK being independent is ridiculous.
    2. He proposed HK as an independent country. I think it is justified since his action violent the basic law.

#24 nickname-sps-848130, 2016-08-24
  5. 57700924

nickname-sps-701441
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Did you pay attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections? What do you think of the news?
    Yes. I think Edward Leung should be clear of the responsibility of a legal citizen was well as a candidate before making the decision. Hong Kong's independence is not allowed by the Beijing authority.

2. According to the New Territories East constituency’s returning officer, why was Edward Leung barred from standing in the Legco elections? Do you think the decision is justified? Why?
    Because he supports Hong Kong's independence. Yes. We can see from his acts in different demonstrations before that he is clearly violates the One Country, Two Systems principle.

#25 nickname-sps-701441, 2016-08-25
  6. 57364848

nickname-sss-283083
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Of course I paid attention to this piece of news due to the fact that it had graded the spotlight for a few days. It was shock to hear it from the radio. There is no denying that this decision is not justified and acceptable. Although I don't stand on the independence of Hong Kong, I give Edward full support as he cares about our homeland's outlook. Besides, we have freedom of election act. So why the government did forbid him to run in the Legco elections?

Some of them said the reason was his political views. In my opinion, Barring Edward Leung will bring a lot of social problems in long run for instance Hongkonger will doubt the government's word which causes numerous conflicts. This illegal action also means he must win in the election.

#26 nickname-sss-283083, 2016-08-25
  7. 57288214

nickname-sps-438508
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Did you pay attention to the news that Edward Leung has been rejected to stand in September’s Legislative Council elections? What do you think of the news?
    Yes,I think the he should not be disqualified because he had followed all the rules.

2. According to the New Territories East constituency’s returning officer, why was Edward Leung barred from standing in the Legco elections? Do you think the decision is justified? Why?
    He agreed HK should be independent.It is not justified because everyone has its own stand.

#27 nickname-sps-438508, 2016-08-27
  8. 57288165

wawa yu
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. No, and I think this is very unfair .
    2. As he supports Hong Kong should be independent, which is opposite to the provision of Basic Law. I think it isn't justified as people has lesser choice to choose their own representative in Legislative Council.

#28 wawa yu, 2016-08-30
  9. 57700906

nickname-sps-886027
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, I did. I think is unfair to him.

He support Hong Kong to be independence so that he is barred from the election. I think the decision isn't justified because Hong kong is the place with freedom and we should respect everyone for different opinions.

#29 nickname-sps-886027, 2016-08-30
  10. 57700961

nickname-sps-762891
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:

Yes, I do. I think everyone has their rights to express their own opinions on different issues.

Edward Leung barred from standing in the Legco elections because the government has always maintained that the confirmation form targets independence advocates and has made it clear that Hong Kong’s independence violates the Basic Law. I think it is not justified because Edward Leung had followed the commission s rules by signing its new confirmation form agreeing to uphold the Basic Law and a provision stating that Hong Kong is an inalienable part of China.

#30 nickname-sps-762891, 2016-08-30
  11. 57700902

nickname-sps-721019
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:

#31 nickname-sps-721019, 2016-08-30
  12. 57594620

nickname-kc-701288
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:

It is unfair to him.It is also unfair to the voters as Edward Leung may only be their choice. The government (which they claim it was the New Territories East constituency’s returning officer who made the decision) had not right to do the censorship.

He was barred because the returning officer did not accept Edward Leung's explanation that he had already changed his stand and was obsessed to think Edward Leung would support and promote Hong Kong Independence which violate the Basic Law.
    Clearly the decision is not justified. Firstly, dissidents should not be barred as a candidate because every opinion should be respected. The decision power is in the voters, not in the government. I believe the voters would not vote a candidate if they think the candidate will promote an impossible or illegal political proposition.

Even though the government adjudicate nominators who promote Hong Kong Independence violate the law and is invalid as a candidate, he had signed the Nomination Form includes the Declaration. He also said that he had changed his stand. All the actions prove that he supports the Basic Law and meets the requirements. It is absurd for HO Lai-sheung(and the HK governement) to insist Edward Leung would promote Hong Kong Independence and define Edward Leung's nomination invalid regardless of his reply. The decision is obviously illegal and unfair.

#32 nickname-kc-701288, 2016-09-01
  13. 57587918

nickname-sps-347757
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    Yes, I did. I think that the election is not impartial to Mr. Edward Leung, I think he should not be rejected because he has not done anything illegal to the election, although he may not be the winner this time,he can also join the election.

It's because Mr. Edward Leung thinks that Hong Kong is not a part of China and it is not allowed in basic law so he barred from standing in the Legco elections.I think the decision is not justified because everyone have their own thinking, we should respect them and we should not prejudice them because of the different point of view.

#33 nickname-sps-347757, 2016-09-04
  14. 57311264

nickname-lkm-361254
    Expand Collapse

文章:
    讚:
    1. Yes I do, He should not be banned because Hong Kong is a city with freedom as its commercial values.
    2.No, the decision was not justifiede. It is unfair to ban Leung.

#34 nickname-lkm-361254, 2016-09-10